I have been tagged by Lauren, of Blonde Ambition. Check out her blog here. This is my first Tag and is designed for readers and bloggers to get to know me a bit better; so here goes:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus provide eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. No tag backs!
6. You legitimately have to tag
11 Things about Me
1. I am a Trainee Solicitor – I’m aiming to be fully qualified (be on the roll) by June 2012
2. When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher, fashion designer, interior designer and the owner of a club. Not all the same time though!
3. My roots are Nigerian, more specifically Igbo. My parents were born and raised in Nigeria and came to live in London in the mid-80s (me and my siblings were born and raised in London)
4. I am the oldest child in my family (meaning I’m the best lol)
5. I’m a complete bookworm – I love reading books. I can read books in hours and still want more. My collection is growing every month!
6. I’m a scatterbrain. I leave my stuff everywhere, much to my mother’s irritation!
7. I have an ear condition called Tinnitus – it’s basically “ringing of the ears”. I got this after a very, very loud night out in February 2011…..
8. My favourite ice-creams are mint Cornetto and Feast (mint or chocolate – however the mood takes me)
9. My favourite group of ALL TIME is Backstreet Boys *screams like a teenage girl*
10. Places I want to visit before I reach 30 include Brazil, Bora Bora, Thailand, New Zealand, Maldives, Cuba, Hong Kong and Japan. Really the list is endless – I just want to travel!
11. About 90% of the time I will be on a “Nandos Ting” i.e. if you ask me I want to go to Nandos to chomp on some peri peri chicken, there’s a 90% chance I will say yes without hesitation. I love eating chicken. Well done, thoroughly cooked chicken mind!
Questions from Lauren:
1. Who inspires you?
My Mum. She left Nigeria (with my dad) at roughly my age and made a life for herself in another country. As of July 2011, she has spent more time living in the UK than Nigeria. Talk about brave……..
2. What is the one thing you couldn't live without?
I could not live without hoodies. They are the epitome of comfort for me. I wear a hoody on a daily basis.
3. What is your favourite purchase?
Favourite purchase is a chain that I bought for my 19th Birthday. My mum bought me a “C” letter pendant to wear with the chain. I wear it practically every day, with nearly every outfit.
I would tell my mum and my dad that I won the lottery. I can trust then to keep schtum about it! I’m not even sure if I would divulge that info to my siblings
5. What was your favourite subject at school?
At primary school it was History – I loved learning about Ancient Rome, Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece. At Secondary School it was English – mostly for the literature and analysing texts
6. Do you support any charities?
Not a specific charity, however it has been on my mind to do so. I usually donate to Comic Relief, Sports Relief and CAFOD and other major charities. However I have been thinking about supporting Camfed or Plan UK – charities that try to promote education for girls all around the world, especially developing countries
7. If you could meet one significant person from history, who would it be?
Jesus Christ – I would ask him how it felt being the Saviour of mankind and being expected to sacrifice his life for a bunch of ungrateful nutters like us.
Oh gosh…..it’s hard, but I have to say Flyy Girl by Omar Tyree. I’ve read that book several times and I never get tired of it. A close second is Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – it’s such a powerful book.
9. What is your middle name?
My middle name is Chinyere. It is an Igbo name – translated, it means “God Gives”. Chi-Chi is actually my middle name shortened and almost everyone knows me by this. Only my dad refers to me as Chinyere on a daily basis!
10. Where is your favourite place?
My favourite place is home. Sometimes it can be exhausting being at home (mum plus siblings equals quite crowded at times!) but I love it because it’s familiar and comforting and safe
11. If you had a super power, which would you want?
Hmmm, that’s hard. I suppose I would want Peter Petrelli’s (remember Heroes?) power of being able to mimic/take on other people’s powers…..he had this power because he was able to empathise with others and I believe that I am the same (or at least like to think so!)
You’ve been tagged*!
Questions from Me
1. When was the last time you laughed so much you cried/almost peed yourself?
2. When you were younger, what did you want to grow up to be?
3. What is your favourite song, and why?
4. Have you ever done something naughty and blamed someone else?
5. What is your ultimate travel destination?
6. Who would you want to be stuck in an elevator with?
7. Puppies or Kittens?
8. How many pairs of shoes do you own? (be honest!)
9. If a film about your life was made, who would play you?
10. What is the most daring thing you have ever done?
11. What would you want every girl in the world to experience?
Once again, Thanks to Lauren for tagging me! If you want to know a bit more about me, let me know!
*Click on their names to check out their blogs – get to know your fellow blogger/reader x