Urgh, January is a crap month. There, I said it! It’s only the 12th and this month has already gone on for too long! The weather and possibly your bank balance are in the minus figures; the sun rarely makes an appearance and maybe some of your goals are starting to falter……
I came across an article from finance website www.learnvest.com, namely 130 Things That Make Us Happy…From Your Friends At LearnVest. I noted that it was simple, everyday things that made the LearnVest members happy, and it got me thinking – what makes me happy? It might sound like a dumb question with an obvious answer, but I have to tell you, sometimes it’s easy to forget to things that make you happy, that make you appreciate that you are alive.
So without thinking about it too much (because it wouldn’t be as fun) here are 10 (of many) things that make me happy:
- Reading (pretty much anything)
- Relaxing in a nice hot bath
- Re-watching my fave films (Clueless, 50 Days of Summer and When Harry Met Sally to name a few!)
- A win on the lottery, no matter how small – and they often are very small!
- The feeling after I’ve worked out
- Having random or significant but hilarious conversations with my friends and family
- Eating out with friends
- Waking up in the morning (always grateful), and looking out of my window to see blue skies and the sunshine (whatever the season)
- Apple pie or chocolate brownie/fudge cake with ice cream
Just writing these down has put a smile on my face!
So what makes you happy?
Take a minute or two to think about what makes you happy. Write it down, stick it on a wall, do one of those things that make you happy. It will help make your mood brighter, your week better and maybe January go a bit faster.....
Care to share? Leave a comment below with one or two things that make you happy :¬)